Friday, September 18, 2015

Stooping Down

I used to think that God's gifts were on shelves one above the other and that the taller we grew in Christian character, the more easily we should reach them. I find now that God's gifts are on shelves one beneath the other and that is not a question of growing taller, but of stooping lower and that we have to go down, always down to get His best ones. 


[F. B. Meyer]

 photo stoopdown_zps12in7zg3.jpg


Psalm 95:6 ... O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.


Mark 1:40-41 ... And there came a leper to him, beseeching him, and kneeling down to him, and saying unto him, If thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.  And Jesus, moved with compassion, put forth his hand, and touched him, and saith unto him, I will; be thou clean.


Ephesians 3:14-16 ...  For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ,  Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,  That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;❤