Friday, October 2, 2015

The Strongest Christian

Let us watch jealously over our hearts, and beware of giving way to the beginnings of sin. Happy is he who always fears God, and walks humbly with Him. The strongest Christian is the one who feels his weakness most, and cries most frequently, "Hold me up and I shall be safe!"

[J. C. Ryle]








Psalm 119:117 ...  Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.


2 Corinthians 12:9-10 ... And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.




Psalm 144:15 ... Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord. ♥