Saturday, November 21, 2015

If We Were Left To Ourselves

Reader, are there not the same lusts lodging in your heart which are reigning in wicked men's lives? The reason why there is so little self-condemnation, is because there is so little self-examination.

If we were left to ourselves but for a moment, we would destroy ourselves in that moment! We can defile ourselves but we cannot cleanse ourselves. The sheep can go astray alone but can never return to the fold, without the assistance of the shepherd.

[William Secker]



 photo lamb_zpsco1hx6dw.jpg


1 Corinthians 4:7 ... For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord.


John 10:11 ... I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.


Psalm 23:1-3 ... The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.  He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.



Matthew 18:12-13 ... How think ye? if a man have an hundred sheep, and one of them be gone astray, doth he not leave the ninety and nine, and goeth into the mountains, and seeketh that which is gone astray?  And if so be that he find it, verily I say unto you, he rejoiceth more of that sheep, than of the ninety and nine which went not astray.