Thursday, November 19, 2015

Ladder Rungs

All base desires, all bad habits, all longings for ignoble things which we vanquish and trample down become ladder-rungs on which we climb upward out of earthliness and sinfulness into purer and Christlier character. There really is no other way by which we can rise upward.

If we are not living victoriously in our little common days we surely are not making any progress. Only those who climb, are mounting toward the stars. Heaven itself at last, and the heavenly life here on earth are for those only who overcome.

[J. R. Miller]

  ✞  ✞ 




1 John 5:4 ... For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.


Revelation 3:21 ... To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.


Revelation 21:7 ... He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.❤