Friday, December 4, 2015

Our Refuge

On every side are hosts of enemies ever invading our souls, trampling down every good thing in our hearts, accompanied by a flying troop of temptations, doubts, fears, guilt and bondage sweeping over our soul. And we, as regards our own strength, are helpless against them.


But there is a refuge set before us in the gospel of the grace of God. The Lord Jesus Christ, as King in Zion, is there held up before our eyes as the Rock of our refuge, our strong Tower, our impregnable Fortress; and we are encouraged by every precious promise and every gospel invitation when we are overrun and distressed by these wandering, ravaging, plundering tribes to flee unto and find a safe refuge in Him.


[Joseph Philpot]


 
✞✞✞

 



Psalm 18:2 ... The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.


Psalm 62:8 ... Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.




Isaiah 4:6 ... And there shall be a tabernacle for a shadow in the day time from the heat, and for a place of refuge, and for a covert from storm and from rain.


Proverbs 14:26 ... In the fear of the Lord is strong confidence: and his children shall have a place of refuge.❤