Thursday, June 2, 2016

The Matchless Wisdom of God

The more I consider the doctrine of substitution, the more is my soul enamored of the matchless wisdom of God which devised this system of salvation.  As for a hazy atonement which atones for everybody in general, and for nobody in particular, an atonement made equally for Judas and for John, I care nothing for it. But a literal, substitutionary sacrifice, Christ vicariously bearing the wrath of God on my behalf, this calms my conscience with regard to the righteous demands of the law of God, and satisfies the instincts of my nature which declare that, as God is just, He must exact the penalty of my guilt!




[Charles H. Spurgeon]


✞✞✞






Ephesians 5:25 ... Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;






John 10:11 ... I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.



John 15:13 ... Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.



Romans 5:8 ... But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.



Hebrews 10:10 ... By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.❤