Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Prohibition and An Admonition

Here is a prohibition and an admonition. O Lord, give me grace to avoid what You forbid and to do what you enjoin. Enable me to avoid compliance with those customs and ways of the world which are contrary to Your will. While in the world let me not be of it. Give me grace to come out and to be separate from its ungodly principles and sinful pleasures. Transform me by the renewal of my mind. Deliver me from pride, from selfishness, and vain-glory. Afford me a continual supply of the grace of Christ. Impress His image on me and help me to tread in His steps.  O Lord, work in me to will and to act according to Your good pleasure.


[Author Unknown]





Romans 12:2 ...And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.


John 17:16-17 ... They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.



2 Corinthians 6:17-18 ...  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you.  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty. ❤