Saturday, November 12, 2016

Talking to Ghosts

I went to Gettysburg one time with a friend. They had some people dressed up as the soldiers who fought in the Civil War. One was dressed as the Confederate soldier, Jeb Stuart, who was responsible for contributing to the defeat at Gettysburg. My friend starts arguing with him, saying you messed up everything. Then the actor starts arguing back. My friend is arguing with a guy who doesn’t exist. Many believers do the same thing. Maybe you. Are you still reacting to things from the past? Doing things that are dead, gone? Are you living your life in the shadow of them? Maybe about your childhood? Things that happened years ago? Stop arguing with it. God says, don’t commune with the dead. It’s dead. Stop trying to prove it. God is not there, the tomb is empty. Get out of the dead thing. Get out of the tomb, and get on with your life. God has great things ahead for you, but you have to get out of the past; stop arguing with the dead, and start moving on with the living.




[Jonathan Cahn]






Isaiah 43:18-19 ... Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.



Luke 9:62 ...  And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.





Philippians 3:13-14 ... Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.❤