Thursday, November 24, 2016

Thanking God!!

One day, Johann Tauler of Strosbourg met a peasant and greeted him, "God give you a good day, my friend!"


The peasant answered briskly, "I thank God that I never have a bad day!"


Tauler, astonished, kept silent for a moment. Tauler then added, "God give you a happy life, my friend."


The peasant replied composedly, "I thank God that I am never unhappy!"


"Never unhappy!" cried Tauler bewildered, "What do you mean?"


"Well," came the reply, "When it is sunshine, I thank God; and when it rains, I thank God. When I have plenty, I thank God; and when I am hungry, I thank God. Since God's will is my will, and whatever pleases God pleases me, I am never unhappy."


Tauler looked upon him with awe. "Who are you?" he asked.


"I am a king!" said the peasant.


"A king?" Tauler asked, "Where is your kingdom?"


The peasant smiled and whispered softly, "In my heart!"


[Thomas Watson]






Ephesians 5:20 ... Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;



Proverbs 15:15 ...  All the days of the afflicted are evil: but he that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast.




Psalm 100:4 ... Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.❤