Wednesday, July 12, 2017

They Were Once Like Us

We have nothing that we can properly call our own but sin and misery!  I wish to be more thankful for what the Lord has been to me but I long to rise a step higher still, to be enabled to contemplate His character, as displayed by the cross of Christ, so that I may continually admire and adore Him for what He is in Himself. He would have been great and glorious, wise, powerful, holy, and gracious though I had never been brought into existence, or had been left to eternally perish in my sin as I deserved.

The redeemed before the throne, look how they shine! Hark how they sing! They were not always as they are now. They were once like us, sorrowing, suffering, sinning!  But He has washed them from their sins in His own blood and wiped away their tears with His own nail-pierced hands!


[John Newton]





Psalm 34:3-4 ... O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.  I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.


Colossian 1:13-14 ... Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son: In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:




Revelation 1:5-6 ... And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.❤