Saturday, April 7, 2018

Abiding in Christ!

To abide in Christ, who is our righteousness and strength is the very life and power of Christianity. We are in this happy state, when our thoughts are going out after Him, our hearts are cleaving to Him, and our minds are staying upon Him.  To abide in Him brings peace and joy, and strength to overcome sin and the world which believers renounce the more readily, as they have found something better in Christ.

Abiding in Him, believers look to Christ for all, go to Christ with all, and depend on Christ through all. Thus they abide in Jesus and Jesus abides in them.  May the Lord give me grace, likewise, immovably to abide in Him. Then I shall conquer sin, overcome the world, and always triumph in Christ.

[Carl Heinrich von Bogatzky]






John 15:4 ... Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. ❤