Saturday, November 17, 2018

What is Death, Father?

The voyage of life is a perilous ocean!  People talk about the terrors of death but living has greater terrors than dying!  In Miss Procter's poem, a child asks, "What is life, father?" and gets the answer that life is a battle, where many fall and fail.  Then the child asks, "What is death, father?" We are not surprised that when she learns that death is the rest which comes at the end of the strife of life, she says: "Let me die, father, for I fear to live."  The wise answer is, "You must live first and persevere through the battlefields of life."


Life is full of perils but there is One who can guard us from stumbling, and present us faultless before the presence of God at last. We need only to have Christ for our Friend and He will bring us safely through all peril. But without Christ, we never can get home to Heaven.




[J. R. Miller]

✞ ✞ 




Psalm 119:117 … Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.




Philippians 1:23 … For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:




Revelation 14:13 … And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.