Sunday, January 9, 2022

Brand New!!

15 years ago, I lost my family in a bizarre tragedy. I lost my mom, my little brother and my dad, almost lost myself too. If you’ve been my friend since my old Facebook days or my new account, you know I’ve never posted about my family. But today, I made the decision to do so because I have stepped out of the box/bubble and my comfort zone. I believe this story can touch or change or even encourage you to take that first step in whatever you’re going through. When I was 15 yrs. old, one usual morning my dad decided to do something. “Like what?! You may ask” well, he used a 10 KG sledgehammer, killed my mom, my brother and hurt me (not realizing I wasn’t hit hard enough to die) and killed himself. 

I don’t remember seeing anything but, all I remember is waking up in pain and then I go back into a coma for about a week or so. Finally, I woke up not knowing everyone’s dead. And the story goes on... Just imagine the only one to be alive in bed full of blood. My life changed overnight. I was filled with anger, rage, bitterness, and was the most cold-hearted young girl I’ve ever come across. Was bad named all my life for the things I never did; I was only a survivor. But, today, I am living life. I have been restored, completely healed physically from the wounds. I can tell you my story and not be broken, today I am free from my bondages. I have forgiven my dad, and I love him just like I loved him since I knew him as a child. I know my true identity. 


Today, I am capable of understanding anyone’s pain because my pain inside has been healed. Today, I realize the value of all the people in my life because I know the reason. And I am able to overcome my everyday obstacles because I know, I have the power and the strength it takes. And all of this has been possible only because of JESUS. From day 1 to today, he’s never given up on me. He’s always been there, and I only had to say ‘yes’ to Him. He’s no religion or law-based God. Jesus walked on this earth just like you and I, 100% man and He is able to understand. It doesn’t matter what you’ve done, how many people you’ve dated, how many tattoos you have or how many piercings you’ve got, don’t listen to religious people. Jesus sees only your heart and He loves you so much, that He’s already forgiven all your sins and keeps no record of wrongs. 

I want you to experience the same closeness with Him and today choose to be free from all that’s dragging you down. The enemy stole my family away, but Jesus has restored many more families into my life This is my testimony, and I am not ashamed to share it. I am nothing without Jesus and today I AM EVERYTHING HE SAYS I AM! Only Jesus can restore what’s broken into BRAND NEW.

[Kavitha Ramaraj]



2 Corinthians 5:17 ... Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 

✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞ 🕊 ✞