Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Your Accident.

My dear friend, 

I am very sorry about your accident, but I am thankful that you were not hurt. Such catastrophes, as this may properly be called, have often been attended with dislocated or broken bones, a fractured skull, or instant death, so frail is man! 

Often, when he thinks himself safe, and is dreaming of his own importance, as if he were a necessary part in the complicated movements of Divine Providence, he falls like grass before the scythe! And not by the hands of a giant, or the fangs of a tiger but the smallest trifle is sufficient to destroy him! 

For example, how many loose stones do we see in the road; it seems no great matter where they lie. Yet any one of them, by changing the direction of a wheel is sufficient to confound all the plans of this mighty creature! One stone stumbles him down; he falls with his head upon another in that very moment all his future plans perish! 

But the Lord gave His angels charge over you; therefore, you feel unhurt, and are still alive to praise and serve Him. I see so much of the uncertainty of life, and how little I can either foresee or prevent what the next moment may bring forth that I would be a very great coward afraid not only of riding in a coach, but of walking across a room if I was not in some degree enabled to confide in the Lord's protection! 

I wish for you to think much of the Lord's governing providence. It extends to the minutest concerns. He rules and manages all things; but in so secret a way, that most people think that He does nothing. When, in reality: He does ALL! 


 [John Newton] 

Psalm 119:117 ...  Hold thou me up, and I shall be safe: and I will have respect unto thy statutes continually.

✫❤•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫...•°*”˜˜”*°•.❤✫