Sunday, January 4, 2015

There Was A Time

There was a time when I lived in the strong old castle of my sins, and rested in my works.  There came a trumpeter to the door, and bade me open it.  I with anger chide him from the porch, and said he never should enter.

Then there came a goodly personage, with loving countenance; his hands were marked with scars, where nails were driven, and his feet had nail-prints too.

He lifted up his cross, using it as a hammer at the first blow the gate of my prejudice shook;  at the second it trembled more; at the third down it fell, and in he came.
 
[Charles H. Spurgeon]



✞✞✞
 
 
 
Ephesians 1:6 ... To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.
 
 
Psalm 66:9 ... Which holdeth our soul in life, and suffereth not our feet to be moved.
 
 
Jeremiah 31:3 ... The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.
 
 
Revelation 3:20 ... Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.❤