Sunday, July 16, 2017

He Found Me in a Waste Howling Wilderness

He has led me about into a variety of situations, and in them all He watched over me, and kept me as the apple of His eye. When I was blind, He led me in ways which I knew not, and which no mortal could have supposed were likely to bring me where I now am.

I was once an utter stranger to the paths of truth and righteousness but in a wonderful manner He drew and guided me into those holy paths which I had not known. And though my heart is prone to wander, He has kept me with a mighty hand, so that I have not wholly declined from them.

How often has He made darkness light before me, and crooked things straight! These things has He done for me, as I am encouraged to hope He will continue to do them, for His promise is, "I will never forsake them!"


[John Newton]



Deuteronomy 32:10 ... He found him in a desert land, and in the waste howling wilderness; he led him about, he instructed him, he kept him as the apple of his eye.


Isaiah 42:16 ... And I will bring the blind by a way that they knew not; I will lead them in paths that they have not known: I will make darkness light before them, and crooked things straight. These things will I do unto them, and not forsake them.


Psalm 34:6 ... This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.❤