Monday, July 17, 2017

Many Storms and Billows

My Very Dear Friends,
We wished that Mr. Andrews might remain much longer in this world of sin and sorrow but the Lord had much better things for him. The time was come when He would have him near His throne, to behold His glory and therefore our prayers were overruled.


I hope dear Mrs. Andrews can say from her heart, "The Lord does all things well."


The time is short, and those who weep should be, if believers as though they wept not. Many whom we loved best while here, and who are gone a little before us, are waiting for us. The joy of meeting where there will be no parting will make abundant amends for the pain of a temporary separation.


Mr. Andrews met with many storms and billows during his voyage on the sea of life but we trust he is now in that peaceful haven, where the winds of trouble never blow.


What a wonderful transition to pass, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye from pain and sickness and weeping friends to join in the songs of the innumerable company of the redeemed before the throne of God and the Lamb!


[John Newton]


✞✞✞




John 17:24 ... Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.



1 Corinthians 15:52 ... In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.








Revelation 21:4 ... And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.❤