Thursday, January 17, 2019

Life Without Difficulty?

David did not expect to pass through life without experiencing difficulties. He had many severe trials. He expected to have troubles, and he certainly was not disappointed. Nor will you be.


Do not reckon that God will give you a life without difficulty! Tell me, if you can, of any child of His who ever had such a portion? He had one Son without sin but no son without sorrow. No, that Son who had no sin, was the Man of Sorrows and acquainted with grief. So you must expect the Lord to deal with you as He does with the rest of His household.


[Charles H. Spurgeon]

✞ ✞ ✞ 


Job 5:7 … Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward.


Job 14:1 … Man that is born of a woman is of few days and full of trouble.


Psalm 31:10 … For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.



Psalm 34:19 … Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.


John 16:33 …  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Hebrews 12:10-11 … For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness. Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.